I work with your existing system and make updates that fit with your website and your goals. I have used a wide variety of website systems: self-hosted WordPress, WordPress.com, SquareSpace, Weebly, Wix, Concrete5, Contao, Drupal, CouchCMS. Within WordPress, I’ve worked with page builders like Divi, Beaver Builder, and Site Origin.
As your situation changes, you might need new features on your website, such as:
- Adapting to a new business model as opportunities arise
- Adding an events calendar when launching a new project
- Collecting email addresses for your newsletter
- Inserting a banner for a special announcement, for example, a change in hours or a temporary closing
- Displaying photos and names of staff or members
- Importing products for e-commerce
Worried about your website getting hacked? Let me keep your website software up-to-date. It’s the most critical step in keeping your website safe.
I work with all levels of tech expertise and interest. While some clients just ask me to fix an issue, others want to do as much of their own website work as possible in order to “own tech” or to keep out-of-pocket costs low.
I support the DIYer in 3 main ways:
Helping you think through the many tech questions that arise when you own a website, wading through the tech jargon, and arriving at answers according to your own goals and interests.
When you’ve identified what you want to do, but you also recognize that task is beyond your skills or interest, I can help with a custom setup. For example:
- Making changes in the DNS
- Setting up integration with other software, for example, donor management software or mailing lists
- Identifying bad links on your website
- Cleaning up content to prevent the dreaded “INSECURE WEBSITE” warning that some browsers display
TRAINING AND DOCUMENTATION
Training helps you learn how to make website changes. We can do training sessions over Zoom or via phone and screen sharing.
Some website tasks occur infrequently and it’s easy to forgot how to do them. For a quick reminder when needed, I can provide documentation with step-by-step guidance customized for you and your website.